Father, please let the Hill family vacation always reflect lives soaked in prayer and centered in Jesus. Let us always keep in mind that we are flawed and allow us to laugh often and easily at ourselves and any creeping pretensions of "holiness." Please help us to trust always in letting ourselves be loved by God as more important than loving God in some kind of mechanical way. Please help our family to never distort the face of a beautiful God. (adapted from a prayer written by Brennan Manning)This year was the year that...
- Lincoln learned to wave and say "hi" each time a new car drove into the campsite
- Griffin had to wear six band-aids on his toes after cutting them on the pool cement
- Macia and Ryan missed the first night because they were celebrating their one-year-anniversary-of-dating
- Dad and Mom had their new tent on the back of Dad's pickup truck
- The Philly Hills had just come back from their first trip to Disney World
- Alicia had to leave a day early to teach summer school
- Natalie slept under the bed of the camper during the thunderstorm. And Macia and Kendra slept in the Murphy's Tahoe.
- Kaley (aka Cha-Ching on a Shoe String) found us amazing $20 off coupons for $2 at Ithaca's Simeons.
- Uncle Brian spent hours driving the boat for us to tube and ski and swim in the lake.
- Wes got a call on Sunday afternoon that he had been accepted as the new youth pastor in Souderton. (and we toasted with wine that Alicia brought for the occasion)
- Alicia included FIVE Michael Jackson songs, TWO Highschool Musical songs, TWO Huey Lewis songs and ONE Jonas Brothers song on Travel Tunes 2009!!! (as well as far too many country tunes according to her nephews)
- AND -- oh, yes-- THIS WAS THE YEAR OF THRILLER!!!
(as in, remember the year Brian turned up his car stereo and a bunch of us did Thriller in that parking lot in Ithaca??)