Introducing Buy More Art, a subtly-titled weekly collection of art and art events I'm recommending to the world. A close runner up name for the new series: Love Your Neighbor Artists, Buy More Art! (borrowing language from Lauren Winner's advice for art patrons in this book)
In case you're wondering, a couple of things I consider when I'm putting together my collection:
- Is this an emerging artist who could use a shout-out?
- Is this an emerging artist I've met, friend of a friend, reminds me of someone I know?
- Do I enjoy the painting/print/tunes/exhibit/piece/pages so much I want to own it for myself?
- Does this artist have a risk-taking story I'm cheering?
- Does this work feature the banjo? Move it straight to the top of the list.
[1/22/13] Bragging on a few creators and cultivators in my family tree
[12/03/12] Christmas Hymns from Jason Harrod, Christmas gifts from Laurel Rudd, Christmas cards from The Ambrosium
[11/19/12] new album releases from Raising Jane and Ordinary Neighbors, You Are Awesome: 21 Crafts to Make You Happy by Abbey Hendrickson