p.s., I hope you'll be watching for these lower-case i incarnations of truth in the art you encounter. Feel free to share them in the comment section!
Union Center Worship, Oct. 31: Wandering
- Surrender (Lincoln Brewster)
- Let God Arise (Chris Tomlin)
- Holy, Holy, Holy (Reginald Heber/John B. Dykes, Arr., Danny Hampton)
- All To You (Lincoln Brewster)
Scripture Reading: Psalm 55: 17, 20
Prayer of Confession: a time for silent prayer where we listen for God's conviction, ask for His help to hear His voice and for help to obey Him.
- Lo, the Storms of Life Are Breaking (words: Henry Alford; music: Kevin Twit): "By Thy birth, Thy cross and passion / By Thy tears of deep compassion/ By Thy mighty intercession/ Lord and Savior, help us!" Download chart here.
- My Jesus I Love Thee (words: William Featherston; music & arr., Page CXVI) Download chart here. Listen to the song at last.fm.
Prayer of Thanksgiving: we thank God for making a way for our forgiveness and new life through the death, burial and resurrection of Jesus Christ
Dramatic Sketch: (top secret!)Message: Wandering in the Wilderness
Response to the Word:
- Great Is Thy Faithfulness (words: Thomas O. Chisholm & William M. Runyan; music & arr. Lincoln Brewster): "Great is Thy faithfulness, Great is Thy faithfulness / Morning by morning, new mercies I see / All I have needed Thy hand hath provided / Great is Thy faithfulness, Lord, unto me."
- Surrender (Marc James & Lincoln Brewster)
Week Three: Numbers 1-27, Deuteronomy 1-34
|Moses and the Brazen Serpant|
Anthony van Dyck, 1621
|Gathering of Manna|
Nicolas Poussin, 1640's
|The Israelites' Fear of the Giants|
tempera colors on parchment, 1400-10
- The Poseidon Adventure (1972)
- Shawshank Redemption (1994)
- Cast Away (2000)
Art from the blog archives
The Writing on the Wall: High Art, Popular Culture and the Bible by Maggie Dawn