p.s., I hope you'll be watching for these lower-case i incarnations of truth in the art you encounter. Feel free to share them in the comment section!
Union Center Worship, November 7: The Battle Begins (Joshua)
- Lead On, O King Eternal (words: Ernest Shurtleff, adpt. Jeff Pardo; music: Jeff Pardo) Another great new arrangement of an old hymn from Indelible Grace. Download chart here.
- A Mighty Fortress (Martin Luther; arr. Tommy Walker)
- Did You Hear the Mountains Tremble? (Martin Smith)
- Filled With Your Glory (Starfield)
Offering / Poetry Reading: "Pruning God's People", an excerpt from a poem written by Brett Alan Dewing about the trouble Achan brought to the Israelites and the consequences of his actions
Assurance of Pardon through Christ: we respond with the truth of this old hymn in a beautiful new arrangement from Page CXVI
- Nothing But the Blood (words: Robert Lowry; music: Page CXVI) Listen here.
Prayer of Thanksgiving: we thank God for making a way for our forgiveness and new life through the death, burial and resurrection of Jesus Christ
Message: Joshua (Joshua 1-24)
Response to the Word:
- Today (As For Me and My House) (words and music: Brian Doerksen and Sandra Gage): "Today I choose to follow You / Today I choose to give my yes to You / Today I choose to hear Your voice and live / Today I choose to follow You."
Week Seven: Joshua 1- 24
|Joshua Holding Moses|
Wayne Forte, 2005
|Escape From Rahab's House|
Julius Schnorr von Carolsfeld, 1851-60
World Mission Collection, WELS
The Writing on the Wall: High Art, Popular Culture and the Bible by Maggie Dawn