I've never been so grateful for Easter celebration as these years I've lived the rhythm of Lent. Boy, am I one weak woman. I spent the last couple hours before Easter dreaming about the most trivial comforts -- things like watching television and drinking Diet Pepsi. Certainly I would have been asleep had I been with those in the garden supposing to pray with their Teacher. Not only asleep, but probably dreaming about what I planned for tomorrow's lunch.
Nevertheless and indeed, He is risen! Good gifts abound in spite of my undeserving self. My boy is home and we've got time to be together -- all six of us -- so I'm not finding much time to write this week. Still, we celebrated Easter well and we plan to keep that up for awhile. We're glad for the good gifts lavished on us from the Father -- glad for the ways He is making all things new.
1. Ain't No Grave, Johnny Cash
2. Wake Up, Arcade Fire
3. Resurrect Me, Jon Foreman
4. Awake My Soul, Mumford & Sons
5. But For You Who Fear My Name, The Welcome Wagon
6. Beautiful Savior, The Innocence Mission
7. All Will Be Well, The Gabe Dixon Band
8. All Things New, Andrew Peterson
9. Here Comes the Sun Again, M. Ward
10. It Is Well With My Soul, Innocence Mission
11. Rise, Robbie Seay Band
12. Oh, Happiness, David Crowder Band
I've been planning some fun ways to blog through the Easter weeks. I'll be back soon!
You, blogging friends, are certainly on my list of good things...