And then, long about January 4 or January 10, I decide I don't care and begin posting again. Today -- in the mix tape format -- I post my list of hopes for personal renewal in 2011. I hope you'll participate by sharing your own list; use the comment box, share a link, send a carrier pigeon -- any little thing will do.
Here we go....
track 1: home
|(source: Molly Irwin)|
1. drink more tea, preferably out of these dishes in a newly painted kitchen
track 2: music
track 3: poetry
3. read poetry out loud, preferably with someone else listening (even the dog)
4. read more books instead of more facebook, preferably starting with all the books toppling out of my nightstand [see shelfari widget over there on the sidebar -- such a marvelous Christmas bounty!]
track 5: writing
5. take writing class through the Glen Online, preferably begin to write stuff about which I earnestly care and believe:
track 6: all the other stuff
6. get my nose re-pierced
7. lose weight, buy a new dress, and generally look hot at my sister's wedding in July
8. figure out how to get money and time to attend every single conference and retreat I'd like to attend in 2011.
9. love and adore and serve my husband while he tries to figure out what he's supposed to be when he grows up
10. listen to my two sons' new EP over and over and over again, visit my 17-year-old in Washington, D.C. while he serves in the House of Representatives as often as possible, read or watch Le Mis immediately so I can totally dig my daughter's role in the school production in February, pray about homeschooling my 13-year-old daughter next year.
11. give myself to rousing a sleeping worship liturgy at Union Center Christian Church, by loving, shepherding and serving its community of saints
12. in all things -- job, ministry, relationships, parenting, personal ambitions, recreation, prayer, personal disciplines....
...be motivated by love